Rating: 3.3/5 (3 votes)
Kanom Tean A dessert that represents prosperity Confectionery that we know during the Chinese New Year and Chinese food. Khanom Tian means. The light shines like a candle Just like the name of the dessert And we see that Khanom Thien and Khanom Keng are often together because they have similar methods.
Ingredients of Candle Flour
- Black glutinous rice flour 1 kg.
- candle nibs
- Banana leaves for wrapping snacks
- 200- 300 grams of palm sugar
Ingredients of candle nibs (Salty candle nibs)
- Green split peas 1 kg.
- Vegetable oil (for stir-frying)
- salt (for seasoning)
- Sugar (for seasoning)
- black pepper
How to make Kanom Tean
1. Melt the palm sugar, put it in the pot, then put it on the heat. simmer until melted Turn off the heat and let it cool.
2. Knead together the black glutinous rice flour and palm sugar dissolved until well blended. then prepare.
3. Hold the banana leaf into a cone shape. Put the filling into the mold. Scoop the flour mixture into Then wrap it up nicely. sorted into a steamer.
4. Steam the dessert over high heat with simmering water. Steam for about 30 minutes until cooked, turn off the heat, then remove from the steamer.
How to make salty Kanom Tean
1. Wash the mung bean halves thoroughly. Then let it sit for at least 2 hours or overnight, then steam it until cooked. Set aside to cool completely.
2. When finished, pound the garlic and pepper together until fine. Then add steamed green beans, pounded coarsely.
3. Put vegetable oil in the pan. Add the ingredients and stir until fragrant. Then season with salt. and sugar, taste as you like, make it sweet, salty, spicy, turn off the heat and remove it from the stove. Set aside until cool. Shape into a ball and prepare.
Category: Travel Articles, Recipes
Group: Thai Desserts, North Recipes
Last Update : 7 MonthAgo