Main > North > Chiang Mai > Muang Chiang Mai > Si Phum > Sugar Cane Chili Paste
Rating: 5/5 (1 votes)
Sugar Cane Chili Paste
Sugar Cane Chili Paste It is a dipping sauce for sour fruits such as mango, maprang and tamarind, etc. It is comparable to sweet fish sauce of the central region. But there is a difference in that the sweetness of the cane juice is derived from cane sugar. that smells sweet unlike coconut sugar There is also fermented fish that is seasoned to be mellow, sweet and salty. It also smells like dried chili peppers that are pounded with shallots as well.
- 1 cup crushed sugarcane juice
- 2 tbsp. grilled minced fermented fish
- 6 dry roasted chili peppers
- 6 cloves of garlic
- 1 teaspoon of salt
1. Pound roasted dried paprika. Garlic and shallots, coarsely. Ladle into a cup and set aside.
2. Put the pot on medium heat, add the water and the pounded machine. When it boils, add the brown sugar and fermented fish sauce, stir to combine. When it boils again, reduce to low heat, simmer for 3 minutes or until slightly thicker, turn off the heat. Put in a cup and let it cool completely. Served with citrus fruits.
Category: Travel Articles, Recipes
Group: Food Menu, North Recipes
Last Update : 2 YearAgo