Wat Ko Kha

Rating: 3/5 (9 votes)
Lamphun attractions
Attractions in Thailand
Operating day: Daily
Operating time: 08.00 - 17.00
Wat Ko Kha Tha Tum, Pa Sang, Lamphun. Affiliated with the Mahanikaya sect, the temple land covers an area of 4 rai, 2 ngan, and 53 square wah under Nor Sor 3 title deed number 16582.
The boundaries of the temple are as follows: to the north, approximately 1 sen and 19 wa, adjacent to a public road; to the south, approximately 1 sen, also adjacent to a public road; to the east, approximately 2 sen and 16 wa, adjacent to a public road; and to the west, approximately 2 sen and 16 wa, also adjacent to a public road. The temple also holds one plot of monastic land, measuring 1 rai and 50 square wah, under land title deed number 261.
The temple premises include an ordination hall (ubosot), vihara, sermon hall, pavilion, and monk's quarters. Sacred objects housed at the temple include Buddha statues in various postures and a stupa.
Wat Ko Kha was established in 1912 (B.E. 2455) on the site of an abandoned temple overgrown with large trees. At that time, there were approximately 30 households in the area. Phra Duang Dee, who resided at Wat Makap Tong, noticed the difficulty of the villagers, who lived far from temples, in making merit. He decided to move from Wat Makap Tong to this location and encouraged the villagers to clear the abandoned temple site and construct new monastic buildings.
The temple has had the following abbots: Phra Duang Dee, who served from 1912 to 1930; Phra Athikan Kaew Chantho, who served from 1930 to 1947; Phra Khru Kham Muen Mongkhali, who served from 1947 to 1997; and Phra Athikan Thaworn Thavaro, who has served from 1997 to the present.
Comment
| Keyword (Advance) |
Region
|



Category:
Group: