Wat Tha Nao

Rating: 3/5 (10 votes)
Nan attractions
Attractions in Thailand
Operating day: Daily
Operating time: 08.00 - 17.00
Wat Tha Nao Tha Nao, Phu Pieng, Nan. It belongs to the Maha Nikaya sect of Thai Buddhism and was established in 1560 (B.E. 2100). The temple was granted a royal boundary (Wisungkhamsima) on January 14, 1941 (B.E. 2484).
According to local lore, in the past, the royal barge of the Lord of Nan once traveled along the Nan River. However, when it reached a sharply curved section near the temple's current location, the barge capsized. The officer steering the rear of the barge managed to guide it to shore and spent the night there. Since then, villagers began calling the area "Ban Thai Nao" (literally, “Village of the Bent Stern”).
Later, the name was changed to "Ban Tha Nao." Originally, the temple occupied about 6–7 rai of land (approximately 2.4 - 2.8 acres), but parts of it were donated for public use such as for a road, a health station, and the Subdistrict Administrative Organization. As a result, the temple now occupies only 1 rai, 2 ngan, and 60 square wah (approximately 0.64 acres).
Comment
| Keyword (Advance) |
Facebook Fanpage

Category:
Group:
Art, Culture and Heritage
Landmarks and Memorials(
Art, Craft Centres, Tradition(
Museums(
Historical Houses and The Ancient City(
Art Gallery(
Educational Places
Educational Gardens, Farm(
University
Church(
Other religious and spiritural sites(
Research and Development
Royal Project(
Suburban Living
Village, Community(
Local Market(
Nature and Wildlife
National Parks and Marine Reserves(
Mountain (Doi)(
Dam, Reservoir, Lake(
Waterfalls(
Hot Springs(
Caves(
River, Canal(
Other natural attractions(
Entertainment and Agricultural
Farm, Parks, Gardens and Ecotourism(
Outdoor and Adventure Activities(