Rating: 2.7/5 (3 votes)
Kao Tan It is a popular dessert made during the New Year Festival or Songkran Festival. and Poi Luang Fair. Nowadays, watermelon juice is commonly mixed with steamed glutinous rice. before being pressed into print to add aroma and sweetness.
- 2 cups of raw glutinous rice
- Unrefined sugar or 1 tablespoon of natural cane sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground sea salt
- 2/3 cup pure watermelon juice
- 1 1/2 cups natural cane sugar
- 1 1/2 cups of palm sugar
- 3 tablespoons of water
How to make rice vermicelli with watermelon juice (Northern recipe)
1. First, make rice paddies by mixing salt and sugar into watermelon juice, stir until dissolved, then pour watermelon juice into a bowl of glutinous rice. Mix thoroughly, add coconut milk and let the rice soak for 2-3 minutes, then add the black sesame seeds.
2. Then dip the mold in water. Scoop the sticky rice into it, press it evenly, do not press too hard. Just enough to hold them together so they don't fall off. Then put it in the sun for about 1 day.
3. After that, it's dry and then fried with high heat. When the rice porridge is cooked yellow and then quickly scoop it up. Then let it drain the oil.
4. The last step is to make sugar topping by adding coconut sugar into the pot. Then follow with brown sugar and salt. Then add a little water. Boil over low heat until sugar dissolves. Then scoop the sugar over the dessert. Rest until the sugar is set and it's ready to eat.
Northern Thai dessert It is unique in Thai national culture, namely, it is delicate and exquisite in the selection of raw materials by meticulous methods of making, delicious and sweet taste. and beautiful colors Appetizing appearance as well as elaborate methods.
Category: Travel Articles, Recipes
Group: Thai Desserts, North Recipes
Last Update : 5 MonthAgo