Main > North > Chiang Mai > Muang Chiang Mai > Si Phum > Nuk Nga
Rating: 2.5/5 (6 votes)
Nuk Nga Use sesame seeds (round sesame seeds brown and gray) pounded with salt and freshly cooked parboiled rice. Lanna people like to make sesame rice. In winter only in the morning which was a new rice harvesting season.
Thai desserts are unique in Thai national culture, namely, they are delicate and delicate in selecting raw materials by meticulous methods of making, delicious and sweet taste. and beautiful colors Appetizing appearance as well as elaborate methods.
Sesame seeds can be used for health and eaten. due to its high nutritional value Sesame There are green leaf varieties and purple leaf varieties. Green leaves are the most common species in Thailand. From the survey of sesame seed cultivation in the upper northern region, it was found that It is widely planted on upland areas along the hillsides of the foothills. A total of 130 species of sesame seeds are divided into 3 cultivars, namely, sesame which is short-lived, middle-aged sesame, between the sesame and sesame, older sesame. (will be harvested at the end of December).
There are many benefits of sesame seeds, such as
1. Contains Omega 3 to help treat heat in.
2. Helps relieve air allergy symptoms.
3. cause relaxation and reduce anxiety that causes depression.
4. Relieve asthma symptoms.
5. Contains sesamol that helps prevent cancer and slow down aging.
6. Help prevent the growth of certain cancer cells, such as breast cancer and prostate cancer.
7. Help reduce cholesterol and triglycerides. that causes heart disease.
8. Helps protect the liver from damage and inhibit the growth of liver cancer.
9. Help nourish the skin and inhibit melanin pigment formation.
- 1/2 cup sesame seeds
- Glutinous rice 1 liter
- 1 tablespoon of salt
How to do
1. Rinse glutinous rice thoroughly, soak in water for 1 night, then wash the soaked rice. Steam over medium heat for about 25 - 30 minutes.
2. When the steamed rice is cooked, pour it into a container and stir the rice to reduce the heat vapor. before packing in the rice box to retain heat.
3. Then roast the sesame seeds using low heat until fragrant, then pound the sesame seeds. and salt thoroughly.
4. Add hot sticky rice and pound together, then knead the sesame rice until it is homogeneous.
Tips for cooking/choose ingredients Sticky rice must be freshly cooked rice. The heat will make the rice and sesame. pounded together easily It is usually eaten while the rice is warm, it tastes better than leaving it to cool.
Category: Travel Articles, Recipes
Group: Thai Desserts, North Recipes
Last Update : 4 WeekAgo