Rating: 4.2/5 (5 votes)
Wat Chedi Luang
Operating day: Daily
Operating time: 08.00 - 17.00
Wat Chedi Luang houses the largest chedi in Chiang Mai.
The temple is located right in the middle of the city and was built in the reign of King Saen Mueang Mak, the seventh king of Mengrai Dynasty. The 98-metre tall and 54-metre wide chedi was built in the reign of King
Tilokkarat. The construction was completed in 1481. In 1545 the chedi was collapsed due to an earthquake during the reign of King Jiraprapa. The chapel in the front was built by Chao Khun Uba Lee Poramacharn (Sirichantathera) and Chao Kaeo Navarat in 1928.
The magnificent methodological serpents ramble from the entrance of the chapel to its door on both sides. It is believed that they are the most beautiful man-made serpents in the northern Thailand.
Category: Places of Worship
Last Update : 2 YearAgo